Monday 26 January 2009

Facinating Game

You play it once and you want to play it over and over again.

The game is enticing! It grips you and drags you into its powerful fangs till you are sucked out like a taranchula grips the prey.

What is with this game?

I had heard about it, I had seen on TV and been a part of my friend’s gossips of them loosing and winning.

But never had I thought to learn and experience it myself. Till last Saturday when I myself got hooked onto Poker.

I started with a confused look on my face, a fear in my head and a little messing up of newly learnt terminology. Confusing pack with call, check with pack, call with raise and vice versa.

But once the action began I completely lost myself at the table. Trying to put in all that I had learnt half an hour ago - three of a kind, two of a kind, straight or a flush, Ace in a hole… …

I wondered whether to think about my move or to calculate the moves of the opponents. Whatever!

Loss of every coin made my heart sank…I had tears in my eyes to part with those colourful chips.

Yet I forced myself into it or I would say I was pulled by some unforeseen force.

One move and I had them back again. They called it ‘the beginner’s luck with no skills involved’!

I call it my strategy to defy all probabilities and just play for sheer fun! :)

A good tip from an experienced player: if you really want to enjoy the game don’t bind your thoughts to the fact that every mistake costs you money! Else you loose the charm of the game.

4 comments:

Divesh said...

gud to see u back in blogosphere.

have no idea of the game and the terms, but betting money and stuff sounds cool.

Aastha Gill said...

Yeah of a sudden I woke up from my trance.

You must try Poker once in life,it is ultimate fun!

Divesh said...

yeah suggestion accepted.

Unknown said...

knock knock ... trying to find a long lost friend ... my apologies if im mistaken ... a reply confirming/denying would be nice!